How do I clear my cookies?
Here’s how you can clear the cookies on your browser:
- Click on the 3-dot menu at the top right corner of the browser.
- Select ‘More Tools’ and click ‘Clear browsing data’.
- When the dialog box appears, check the ‘Clear browsing history’ box.
- Choose a time range. To delete everything, select ‘All time’.
- Check the boxes next to 'Cookies and other site data' and 'Cached images and files.'
- Click Clear data.
- Go to Preferences from the menu bar.
- Head to the Privacy tab.
- Click on ‘Remove All Website Data’ to remove all the website data, or skip to step 5 to remove data site-by-site.
- Click ‘Remove Now’ to confirm. This could log you out of sites and also change how they function. For example, instead of getting tailored ads on the site, you'll be served generic ones.
- To remove stored data by site, click the ‘Details’ button.
- Select the sites with the data you want to remove. Hold down the Command key to select multiple sites.
- Click Done.
- Alternatively, you can click the Remove All button to delete all of the sites' cookies and stored data.
Delete Cookies and Web History in Safari in iOS
- Open the Settings app and tap Safari.
- Tap Clear History and Website Data.
- If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, the menu is slightly different: Tap 'Clear History' and 'Clear Cookies and Data'.
- Tap Clear to confirm.
- Tap Advanced in the Safari Settings to clear other stored website data.
- Tap Website Data.
- Tap Remove All Website Data. Alternatively, you can click the Edit at the top right and delete individual sites' data by tapping the minus sign next to the site names.
Note: Doing this will not only help protect your privacy. It can also clear out precious space on your device.
Was this article helpful?